McDonald Butler has worked with HPE for many years. In 2016 HPE wanted to take their campaigns up a gear to drive deeper engagement across senior level IT and LOBs, and to accelerate the quantifiable impact of marketing on the sales pipeline. Their challenges to us:
- Create ‘Why?’ messaging for these sectors to feed into a ‘story’ across all.
- Leverage multiple channels to disseminate valuable, humanised content and increase reach.
- Personalise experts’ voices through fluidity of social channels.
- Provide choice of platforms (including face-to-face) for engagement and interaction within a small highly targeted community.
- Build pipeline and accelerate closed sales.
A three-phase programme to cement the positioning of HPE as thought leaders in the Financial Services and Retail sectors within the senior level IT and LOBs:
- Research & insight into the 50 top retailers/FSI companies and influencers to create sales enablement assets.
- Digital & social engagement through the optimisation of social profiles; posting blogs and third-party content. Developed the interactive HPE Innovation Model website.
- Interaction & hosting at NRF in NYC, planning supper clubs and establishing exploratory meetings.
"McDonald Butler have worked extensively with me over an extended period executing on an integrated marketing plan across my FSI and Retail sectors. The team have great industry knowledge and have helped drive real intimacy with our key prospects through digital, social and account based marketing, always with a focus on innovation in our messaging."
- Jeremy Suddards, VP Industries, HPE
$150m in new pipeline
$33m revenue from wins so far